Optimization of the project and exploitation teams
In 2019, TMVW asked an external and independent party to carry out an audit of the operational efficiency of the domain services. Initially, the study was limited to zone Asse (including associated antenna in Zaventem). Subsequently, the findings within the project assignment were examined in the other zones with the aim of formulating an integrated proposal for optimizing the operations in the different zones.
In order to get a better understanding of the current operations of the zones, Möbius started the project with structured interviews and process walks among employees at every level of the organizational structure. Subsequently, thorough analyses were executed on the basis of available data in order to objectively check all information obtained from the interviews and observations and to identify improvement proposals.
After generating a detailed list of all the prioritized proposals, Möbius formulated a number of important improvement possibilities regarding the operation of the zones. These were developed in detail together with the main stakeholders in order to establish a supported action plan.
After the successful study phase, the implementation phase is also facilitated by Möbius. The implementation is divided into several work packages, each with their own internal supervisor. The supervisors meet regularly in the program team, in which the different work packages are followed up and gradually implemented.
Möbius compiled a list of more than 50 improvement actions in order to optimize the operation in the different zones. From this list, proposals with the greatest impact on internal efficiency and customer and employee satisfaction were further elaborated. These will be implemented with the support of Möbius. They concern:
- Efficient planning via a state-of-the-art planning system and streamlining of the process
- Optimization of the organizational structure with a focus on efficient communication, cooperation and decision making
- Content-related organization of assignments
- Geographical positioning of zone offices and warehouses, division of operating zones and distribution of partners over the operating area
- Possibility to leave from home with corresponding impact on logistics and culture
- Further development of managerial skills and working autonomously
We wish to optimize the functioning of the operational technical services of TMVW. In this collaborative exercise with Möbius, they have proven to be a reliable, analytical and supportive partner who takes into account the objectives of our company. Empathy and the rapid formulation of opportunities help us in the decisions that must be made.